Top Ten Interesting Facts about beekeeper
…in no particular order.
1) In addition to being a killer drummer, Luke is a computer scientist (sometimes called “systems architect”) and graphic design wizard. He made our website out of nothing but thin air and something called “code”. He also made these websites.
2) Brandi is our bass player, and is also a driving force in Sidney York, and is also a Westjet flight attendant, and is also in the Navy, and is also in CSIS. Ok, the last one isn’t true (allegedly).
3) Devon, our shouty guitar guy, is nearly done his PhD in political theory at UBC. His dissertation focuses on the role music and comedy can play in radically participatory democratic systems. His Master’s thesis was called “No Skinny Chicks” (for real!) and he once wrote a book chapter about Nietzsche and Radiohead (how “Commercial Drive” can you get?).
4) Luke likes to be the head of various boards, be it the board of Free Geek, an ethical electronics recycling facility in Vancouver, or his own strata council. He prefers to be called “El Presidente Cyca” if possible.
5) Brandi is a classically-trained opera singer; she even has her Master’s of Opera! One time, she TAed this kid. He got a B- but has improved a lot since then.
6) Devon has done improv and stand-up comedy for ages, and produced the popular weekly comedy podcast The Exploding Sandwich for two freakin’ years.
7) Luke makes great bread. Really great.
8) Brandi’s family lived in a log cabin with no electricity or plumbing for a year while her pops finished building it. Also, her parents are moving to Australia and she is a little (a lot) sad.
9) Devon did an Ironman triathlon. It was literally ok.